If you’re looking for all-inclusive Caribbean family resorts, make sure to do your research before booking. Each resort is going to be different, so you want to make sure you aren’t getting the short end of the stick when you really think you’re booking a deal. Below we have outlined a few frequently asked questions about all-inclusive family resorts. Be sure to check them out before booking your next vacation!
Have questions about booking an all-inclusive family vacation in Jamaica? Get in touch with a Bluefield’s travel specialist at 1-877-955-8993.
What’s included in most Caribbean all-inclusive family resorts?
Every Caribbean all-inclusive family resort is going to be different, but most include the following amenities, activities, and services:
- A meal plan – Sometimes there are premium options not included. Be sure to look at the fine print.
- Drinks and alcohol – Again, premium options might not be included.
- Resort activities – Things like snorkeling, kayaking, and nighttime entertainment are often included.
- Wifi – This is often included, but some resorts may only offer internet access at an additional charge, especially if you use their desktop stations.
- Child Care – This is an important amenity for families traveling with young children. Many resorts offer child care, but not all include it in the price of your stay. Be sure to look at reviews before booking. If you’re looking for a resort with personal nannies, be sure to contact us. At Bluefields, child care and elder care services are included in the price of your stay.
- Laundry Services – Many all-inclusive resorts will offer this for free. Be sure to confirm that your resort does the same. It allows you to pack lighter and not have to travel with dirty laundry. It’s always a luxury to have your laundry done for your while you’re vacationing.
What’s NOT included at an all-inclusive resort?
Every all-inclusive is different, but here is a list of common services and amenities that are not part of the typical all-inclusive package.
- Tours and Excursions
- Spa Treatments
- Phone Calls
- Gift Shop Items
- Medical Assistance**
* For many resorts, airport transfers are included. Transportation outside of the resort is often not included. Some resorts offer a shuttle to popular destinations in the surrounding areas.
** If an emergency happens during your stay, many resorts will have an on-site nurse or doctor to address the situation. However, unless you have medical insurance for your stay, your all-inclusive typically doesn’t cover the cost of medical care.
How much do Caribbean all-inclusive family resorts cost?
The cost of a Caribbean all-inclusive family resort is going to vary based on the resort, duration of your stay, seasonality, and the type of room you book (garden view standard room versus ocean view junior suite). During peak season, expect to pay between $1,500 and $3,500 per adult and between $700 and $1,500 per child for a week long stay. Since most resorts vary wildly by cost, be sure to compare what’s included. You don’t want to be stuck with unanticipated costs that were defined in the terms and conditions.
Do you have to tip at an all-inclusive resort?
Ultimately, no. For many of the larger resorts, your more upscale restaurants will sometimes add a gratuity for large parties. This is especially true for those resorts that have additional paid restaurants that aren’t included in your initial reservation. At the bar, it’s often recommended that you tip your bartenders a few dollars, but it’s not required. If you’re swinging by the resort buffet for a bite to eat, chances are you won’t be tipping.
Some resorts include gratuity for staff in your initial booking. For instance, at Bluefields, you can leave your tip money at home. Our gourmet dining experiences allow you to enjoy your meal without thinking about the bill or the tip. If you want to leave an extra few bucks for your personal butler, we don’t have a problem with that. We do have some of the best staff on the South Coast of Jamaica and many of our guests want to show their appreciation. Either way, it’s up to you!
Do Caribbean all-inclusive bookings include airfare?
Unless you booked through a travel agent, a third party site, such as Groupon or LivingSocial, or another booking site that specifically includes airfare, your Caribbean all-inclusive reservation likely doesn’t include your flight. Whenever booking an all-inclusive vacation, it’s typically best to look at flights yourself anyways. Often times when you go through a third party and allow them to pick the flight for you, you might be getting a deal, but there’s always a catch. Perhaps the catch is an additional fee for checked bags, a less than satisfactory layover, or unfavorable seating assignments.
When you’re booking your trip to a Caribbean resort for your family, we recommend checking out flights through airlines like SouthWest, Delta, or United Airlines from the United States. There are also apps you can use to track when best to purchase your ticket for an upcoming trip. We’d recommend checking into Hopper, or you could set up alerts through Google flights.
Ready to Experience One of the Best Family Resorts in Jamaica?
Set forth on a Caribbean family vacation like you’ve never had before! Enjoy quality family time with first class amenities and VIP treatment. Get in touch with a Bluefield’s travel specialist at 1-877-955-8993 or book online now to start planning your Caribbean family vacation at one of the best family resorts in Jamaica!